Saturday, February 03, 2007

EWBEEEEEE-HAW! ...and some lovin'

So it's been almost a week since I returned from Calgary and I'm only posting an update now. The week has flown by! I'm not really sure how to sum up last weekend in a reasonable amount of space so I'll try using just a few words...

inspiring, overwhelming, shocking, energizing, tiring, informative, thought-provoking, frustrating, enlightening, exciting, (not as cold as ottawa), and a lot of fun!

I met a lot of great people, re-connected with the Waterloo EWB crew, and got to know the Carleton people a lot better as well. Unfortunately, we didn't get much of a chance to see Calgary because we were in the hotel most of the time, but we did make a trip to Banff on Sunday before our flight left later that evening. It took us awhile to get organized with car rentals, etc (17 of us ended up going!) but it was totally worth it. It was so amazing! For someone who's never been further west than Ontario, I was pretty awestruck by the view. I can't wait to go back some day and really appreciate those mountains with some serious skiing...or maybe just a dip in some hot springs :) And to top it all off, I got to cash in the "over 25" card and actually rented a van. I felt like such a soccer mom...but whatever, it saved us getting another car.

Hopefully I'll have some pictures up from the trip soon!

Got some new music up...in honour of Valentine's Day the theme for this playlist is love songs. Not love songs in the sense that they're cheesy romantic love songs (which my library is seriously lacking in)....just love songs in the sense that "love" just happens to be in the title. So to start things off... "Rotten Love"... enjoy lovers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home