Elvis has left the building
The first weekend of the new term has come and gone...and I did zero work. Oh well. I didn't really have much to do anyway. And it's hard to be productive on Sundays when I know I don't have class until 5:30pm on Monday anyway.
Went to a birthday thing for Sharon on Friday - we met up at Memories. I'd never been there before. It's a pretty nice dessert/coffee kind of cafe. I had this Irish cream cheesecake that was to die for. MMmmmm. Then headed to Lawton's for his last night in Ottawa. I arrived right in the middle of an intense game of Killer Bunnies but we switched to Cranium and played that for like 3 hours. Craziest game of Cranium ever. Dave and I beat everyone. I guess the 100% sober/100% drunk combo really worked well. The welt from the playdoh ball is beginning to fade.
Laura and I went dress shopping for bridesmaid dresses on Saturday. We only went to one store but we were there for like 2 or 3 hours. Guys might not understand this, but there's just something about trying on 20 different formal dresses and parading in front of a mirror that really boosts the spirit. There was a bride in there too picking her dress and she had a whole entourage of girlfriends and each time she or I came out of the dressing room they'd all ohh and ahh and say how they thought it looked. Hopefully we'll be able to pick the final one the next time we're out.
Oh and the funniest thing happened while we were there! This older man with slicked back black hair, a leather biker vest and a pretty big pot belly walked into the store (which is clearly a dress shop to anyone walking by the front windows which are filled with dresses). Anyway, he goes up to the little chinese man that runs the shop and asks if he makes Elvis costumes. The man just kind of looked at him - then looked around his store - and back to Elvis and said "No". And Elvis was like "Are you sure you can't just whip something together with all your fancy material? I even have a pattern right here" and sure enough, he pulls this pattern out of his leather vest - probably for some snazzy white bell bottom number with lightning bolts down the leg and sequens on the jacket collar. But still, the shop owner was like "Sorry sir, we only make women's clothes here" and Elvis was like "aaaalright, whatever you say"....as if he was doing the guy the favour by giving him the opportunity to sew an Elvis costume. Crazy. I hope he gets one made in time for his next big gig (???).
The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful.
Hopefully I'll join the rest of you beautiful music sharing people and get a player up and running soon.
Oh, and the countdown to Calgary begins....NOW! 17 days...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home