I've been on a huge music kick the past couple of days. Maybe it was because I was getting all excited about the concert on Friday. Maybe it's because for every solid hour of work I do, I need at least a half hour break doing something (anything) other than work. Anyway, the result is: many newly discovered bands, many downloaded songs, and many new tunes learned on the guitar.
So to summarize my musically fabulous weekend in a nutshell:
Downloads:
- Wintersleep (pretty much everything I could find by them). I don't recommend you go download tons of stuff by these guys unless you like Hayden, or for that matter, music that is "head-smashingly heavy and heart-achingly delicate" (as stated in some press release)... I actually found that to be quite an accurate description after listening to them all day. Oh! And they just happen to be playing at Barrymore's on Wednesday!! Anyone interested???
- The Editors
- Tomi Swick (don't laugh, but we missed his performance on Friday and I DO like that song on the radio)
- various tunes by deathcab
- sympathy by goo goo dolls
- fix you by coldplay
- and something I came up with (more like stumbled upon) involving a Dminor while I had the capo on 5. I wouldn't call it a song per see...I don't think I'm capable of such a feat. But it's a melody nonetheless. I'll try to build on it and see where it goes.
This just in....
Dave has just sent me an awesome acousitc cover of Hey Ya by some guy with a big beard. Fabulous. I'm going to learn it.
So before I sign off, I'll end with a motto that a friend of mine recently adopted (quite jokingly actually, but it's fitting for this entry). Whatever you do, do it with a song in your heart.

3 Comments:
I love that cover!!!!
I concur. That cover is quite good. My sis played it incessantly last month. I wonder if it's on mp3 somewhere yet...
Yup, i got it if you want it
Post a Comment
<< Home